We’re really excited about using Google Hangouts On Air to deliver live webinars thru Youtube. Our next webinar is:
- Topic: Making Photo Collages with Picasa
- When: Thursday, December 19, 2pm EST (Miami time)
- How Long: 30 – 45 minutes
- How to Register: Enter your name and email on this registration page.
- How to View: After you register you will receive reminders with a link to go to when it’s time to view the live webinar. You will be directed to a simple web page, nothing to download, no special equipment or software needed. If you can watch and hear Youtube videos, you can watch and hear this webinar.
- What if you miss it? The live hangout is free to the public. It will be recorded and the recording will be available below.
We use Picasa Collages nearly every day. It’s so easy, yet so powerful! Whenever you have more than one picture you’d like to print or share, you could consider putting them together into one collage. The basics are quite simple, just select all the pictures you want to use, then click the Create menu and Picture Collage… command. If you have the Collage button at the bottom of your screen, that is the same thing. Now you have lots of options. Most people don’t experiment beyond the “Picture Pile” default, but Mosaic, Frame Mosaic, and even Multiple Exposure give you many interesting styles to explore. Add to that the ability to use borders, colors, backgrounds, page formats, captions, and you start to see the power available. You can see more examples of collages we’ve made.
In fact, the informational image above was created using the Collage feature. It’s a collage of collages if you will! We’ve already made several videos on how to use the Collage feature. You need to be a Geeks on Tour member to view the Shortcourse on Collages and Banners. If you are a member but don’t know your username, please contact us. If you’re not a member, you can join now!
We also have several free articles on collages on our PicasaGeeks.com website.
- Adding Text to a Collage
- Cover Slides and Collages
- Picasa Tip: Make a Banner Collage
- Picasa Tip: Make a Collage for your Facebook Cover Photo
- Picasa Tip: Outdoor-Indoor Collage
We hope you can join us for our free, live webinar on Thursday, but in any case … Make Some Collages!